Is This Training For You?
Globally, one million people die by suicide each year.1 Suicide is one of the top ten causes of death across all age groups.2 Suicide happens in every country around the world and respects no boundaries of age, culture, religion, or gender. Individuals in each of the groups listed below have the potential for being at risk for considering suicide as an option. If you are a professional or semi-professional working with, or would like to work with, individuals from any of the following or similar groups, this training is of great value to you. If you are a professional or semi-professional choosing to be more suicide-informed, this training will most assuredly meet your learning and skill-attainment goals.
1). DeLeo D., Bertolote J., Lester D. (2002). Self-Directed Violence. In: Krug EG, Dahlberg LL, Mercy JA, Zwi AB, (Eds.). World Report on Violence and Health. Geneva, Switzerland, World Health Organization: 185-212.
2). Young IT, Iglewicz A, Glorioso D. (2012). Clinical Research. www.dialogues-cns.org. Retrieved 1, 10, 2016.
These and Others May Be At Risk For Suicide
- Residential school survivors
- Survivors of political terror and/or torture
- Active or retired military, firefighters, police officers
- Active or retired health professionals who respond to trauma: nurses, EMTs
- Victims of child abuse
- Adult survivors of child abuse
- Those with depression or other forms of mental illness
- Those whose experiences have caused them to feel hopeless or powerless
- Victims of bullying
- Those abusing alcohol or other drugs
- Those attempting to heal after a traumatic loss
- Those with uncontrollable anger and fears
- Those involved in domestic violence
- Those grieving sudden, tragic or multiple deaths
- Those unemployed following a difficult life event
- Those with a family member who has attempted suicide or completed suicide
- Those with a close friend who has attempted or completed suicide
- Those who have bullied someone who has attempted or completed suicide
Click to read “On Being Trauma– Informed.”
Click to read “Relationship between Childhood Trauma and Suicide.”
Click to read about offering training by Taking Flight International in First Nations Communities
Click to read about offering training by Taking Flight International Corporation in International Settings.