Refreshing Skills in Trauma Recovery
Information regarding recent and relevant research and best practices in trauma counseling and therapy are continually reviewed, added to the information training participants receive, and incorporated into the skills learned during the Trauma Recovery Certification training. To help you remain trauma-informed, we invite past graduates to claim a spot during our next Trauma Recovery Certification training.
Benefits of Refreshing Your Knowledge and Skills in Trauma Recovery
1) Receive new and up-to-date trauma-informed and PTSD informed knowledge.
2) Refresh your trauma recovery skills.
3) Gain new counseling and other therapeutic strategies to help and heal individuals and families who are attempting to move beyond traumatic life events.
4) Rekindle your Spirit as you engage in opening ceremonies and other spiritual renewing practices.
5) Share knowledge and expertise with those just beginning as trauma recovery Counselors.
6) Receive 160 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) toward certification or recertification as a drug and alcohol counselor with the Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation (CACCF) and the International Certified Alcohol and Drug Counsellor (ICADC).
7) Use this training for your professional and personal hours toward certification or recertification with Canadian Counsel of Professional Certification (CCPC Global) for your distinction as a Certified Trauma Recovery Counselor (CTRC).
Refreshing Skills Training Participant’s Testimonial
“Even though this was a refresher, there was plenty more to learn during this time around. I gained new skills and insights into the way these skills can be used in my work with clients. I gained a lot more confidence in the process. I did more personal healing, even more than I thought I would and that was good. Now I want to take the Enhancing Skills Training.” Lida Blesse, Fort Smith, NT.
Click for Dates for Refreshing Skills in Trauma Recovery.
For More Information About Refreshing Skills in Trauma Recovery
Marlane Tucker, Director of Training
Telephone: 780 473 6732, Toll free: 1 866 473 6732
Click for Costs of Refreshing Skills in Trauma Recovery
Costs of Refreshing Skills in Trauma Recovery
Basic Costs for TRC Refresher Training
$700.00 for the course fee: both modules (14 days and 7 evenings)
$50.00 for a new binder
$21.00 for the textbook
$ 210. facility fee ($15 per day x 14) at the Star of the North
Total Basic Costs = $981.00
Option 1: Both Module 1 & 2 (Accommodation and all meals)
$981.00 basic course costs
$1,035.00 for rooms and all meals
Total Cost for Option 1 = $2,116.80
Option 2: Both Module 1 & 2 (No accommodation, no breakfasts)
$981.00 basic course costs
$308.00 14 lunches, 7 dinners
Total Costs for Option 2 = $1,353.45
Option 3: One Module Only (Accommodation and meals)
$526.00 basic course fee
$517.50 for 6 nights’ accommodation, 6 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 6 dinners
Total Costs for Option 3 = $1,095.68
Option 4: One Module Only (No accommodation, no breakfast, 7 lunches, 4 dinners)
$526.00 Basic Course fee
$162.50 for 7 lunches, 4 dinners at Retreat Centre
Total Costs for Option 4 = $722.93
Click for Application Form for Refreshing Skills in Trauma Recovery Training